Welcome to the Traditional Mixed Martial Arts Dojo website my name is Michael Fletcher and I am the Sensei of the Traditional Mixed Martial Arts Dojo located in Butler, Pennsylvania. Why the name? We are Traditional and we train in a mix of several styles. We train in (Kuniba-Ha Shito-Ryu and Kuniba Ryu Goshindo) that combines Jiu-jitsu, Judo, Aikido and Karate into one complete system . Most of todays MMA gyms you train with one person in jiu-jitsu, another in kickboxing, another in judo etc. then YOU have to put it all together knowing when and how. At the Traditional Mixed Martial Arts Dojo, you train under ONE Sensei to teach you ALL of these styles that was put together by a True Japanese Sensei. We offer several membership options to meet your budget. Read more about this system on the Style page.
- A system developed by a true Japanese Sensei (he was actually a Soke) comprised of Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Aikido and Karate-jitsu. Shogo Kuniba, Soke, look him up on youtube.com, He is the one that put this system together. It’s a great system. Kuniba-Ha Shito-Ryu and Kuniba Ryu Goshindo are the two styles we train in!
- No one else offers classes like The Traditional Mixed Martial Arts Dojo!
- You learn principles and techniques that come from a SYSTEM that has been PROVEN in the streets time and time again!
- You get a heritage and history of training that consists of great Sensei.
- You will learn techniques from the ground and standing up, you will learn weapons that are practical for today. And learn how to disarm an assailant with a gun or knife.
- What you don't get is attitudes or egos; those will get you hurt in a training environment!
- We are not the sport; however I have had some students to compete in the Cage Fights that have done very well.
- In the 32 years I have been teaching I have had only ONE injury in the dojo, that is a GREAT record! I don’t believe you should get hurt in the dojo training. You will get bruises and jams, like any sport you play in. But you should never have any kind of accidents; control is the name of the game. Control YOU and you CONTROL them!
- You will have the opportunity to train with me, Michael Fletcher, Sensei I have been training for over 42 years (1976). I teach ALL the classes and am the only Sensei in the dojo! I am the only civilian certified to teach Law-enforcement in the state of Virginia by the DCJS (Department of Criminal Justice Services).
- My First dojo opened in Harrisonburg, VA. April 1990.
- I closed the Harrisonburg Dojo Dec 28th 2016.
- The Butler Pennsylvania Dojo was opened Jan 2, 2018.
Jan 2, 2018 Started Classes at Butler Health and Fitness.